Sunday, August 07, 2005

I Am Not Leaving This Khmer Rouge Hotel Room



I am readying myself for battle. That is what one has to do in these situations. Ready oneself for battle. Hunker down. Steel oneself. I have no idea what is going on outside on that "freeway." There certainly was no order I can tell you that. I've never seen so many people on mopeds. Well, of course not. I've seen those pictures of Asians on bicycles, sure. But here we have mopeds, cars, sheep and bicycles. I didn't see any pedestrians nor any sidewalks. Certainly no bicycle lanes. Plus, I think I saw an AK-47. It seems very dangerous outside this room.

I am not leaving my Khmer Rouge hotel room.

Yes I am. I'm not going to wait for Jerome any more. I know he said he was going to come find me but I've heard that one before. I am going for a walk. A Cambodian walk. And so I am readying myself for battle. A little daub of lipstick, some powder, we're ready to go. Cambodia, here comes Kara.

No comments:

Post a Comment