(the meal aboard china air flight from san fran to taipei)
So I decided that I needed to "look out for number one" and forget about Jerome and go do what I want to do. Which is see that big old nasty mildewy temple thing that you can see from outer space and get the fuck out of Bangkok. The whole city smells like pussy smoke. All this pussy smoke bellowing out at you. Pussy smoke? Yeah, just go with me here. My hotel provided me such guidance as "'Angkuh...anguk wat? ehhh no. ankkkguhhh" What?!? How can these people not know about the largest temple on the planet and one of the seven wonders of the world? I freaked out because I had no guide book, no "malls" were open in Bangkok and I had no way to get help. Internet was 8 dollars at the hotel!! Too mosh! Too mosh! So I went over to the gleaming, tall Hotel Intercontinental (that's what I'm talking about!) and found a wonderful ENGLISH speaking flaming thai homosexual. He even did the folded hands to nose proper thing. I had to do it too but I had all these papers in my hands and it was all awkward and shit. Probably the worst executed namaste or whatever they call it. But he printed out all these directions, and gave me maps and said the bus trip would be very nasty. I wanted to stand there and talk to him all day I was so starved for human affection. But I had a bus to catch and a city to flee.
I got to the end of the subway line, freaked out, got back on and went to the airport to get out of town that way. I ran from ticket booth to ticket booth begging them to tell me about their next flight out of their crappy city. I found a 2:40 to phenom pehn and booked it. I would go find Jerome. I hated him, was repulsed, but he would be someone to talk to.
So not Jackie O. Jackie O would never get her self in this situation.
Blog too long! too long!
ohhhh kara dear. i so wish you had this via satelite
ReplyDeletebut.. I LOVE IT. such a crazy little brave girl..who will soon be celebrating her birthday in another crazy country.
ohhhh kara dear. i so wish you had this via satelite
ReplyDeletebut.. I LOVE IT. such a crazy little brave girl..who will soon be celebrating her birthday in another crazy country.
I'm just blogg surfing and tellin folks about my new blogg and website. It would be great if you could stop by and leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading my two cents. Low carb diet store
ReplyDeletei told my chinese friend that you said all of cambodia smelled like pussy and she also dropped the phone laughing.
ReplyDeleteyou are a genius and i hope to see your Adventure in Cambodia one day on stage.