Sunday, August 07, 2005

Yes Hi, I Would Like Some Valium? Valium?

I walked down towards that freeway or whatever the hell it is but before I got there Jerome showed up on the back of a moped. Time had certainly written a story on his face, if you get what I mean. Time has written a story on mine too, but I edit it with an excellent anti-oxident mattifier from DDF and Chanel creme poudre in "claire." Men have no such weapons in their arsenals...although I am reminded of a certain gay friend from U of I who kept a wonderful stash of cosmetics going. He didn't use them, he just collected them and pulled them out every now and then to look at, like a box of one's grandfathers war medals. This whole experience is going to require me to book two dermatologists to deal with the stress effects on my skin. Jerome did drive me to a pharmacy to get the Valium I need to deal with all the bikes, sheep and palpable resentment I feel for him. Palpable like I'm sure he can feel it. Good. Things are weird between us. Maybe that's what happens when people don't show up in foreign cities like they are supposed to!

At the pharmacy I mess up and get Xanax. Xanax does take away the evil stepsister Anxiety but doesn't replace her with her hot distant cousin "Floating in Space." For that, you need Valium, which makes everything oooookaaay. But luckily this is Cambodia and you can just go right back to the pharmacy and for 2 dollars get what you really need. Flight crew prepare for take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment