While Jerome was taking me to get Valium he was talking to his little Khmer princess on the phone. She would be joining us for dinner. According to Jerome she's the most beautiful girl in all of Cambodia. Well, this I have got to see. I am not even the most beautiful girl in all of Albany Park, Chicago so to say I am feeling insecure and intimidated is to say, well is to say I'm not loaded up on Valium.
Somehow I end up paying for dinner because I'm the only one with cash one me. This is suspect. I think I read about this in a Dear Abby article. If it happens again, I should act like I forgot my wallet as well. I'm having a Dear Abby moment with a sex casino operator and his former hooker Khmer princess girlfriend. There is so much to not like about this situation.
Later we go back to the sex casino and drink and watch satellite television. At some point Lucy starts freaking out about Jerome not giving her enough attention and something about past girls and affairs and I kinda wanna say "Honey, this is soo U of I 1998. He was pulling this shit then too." Then she mentions him hitting her. Well, this is a new element. And not one any Midwestern liberal girl can stomach. What the fuck is she talking about? She goes into detail about black and blue eyes and cuts to her face. I'm on my third gin and tonic so it's time to kick Jerome's ass. Although, that seems contradictory and also physically impossible given his six foot frame. So I just verbally freak out at him. He says of course she's lying. All Khmer do is lie. Hmph. Jerome and I did have a relationship as transparent as Simone de Beauvoir's and Sartre's and he never lied to me and never spared me any detail about his life so maybe he's telling the truth now. Hmph. I At one point I find Lucy in the bathroom freaking out again. "He not give me ten dollah. I say if you love me you can give me ten dollah. He sleep too with other women. He sleep with one Vietnamee, he sleep with two Vietnamee." Hey, wasn't that a Dr. Seuss book? "One Vietnamee, Two Vietnamee." Okay, Kara, no jokes, this is a defenseless girl losing her mind, breaking down crying, abused by an American and tortured by demons that seem waaay too familiar. I tell her that she needs to make a choice. He is a womanizer and a sex addict and she needs to either accept that or move on. "He not even give me ten dollah. I tell him I have no money." Well, I see my little Dr. Phil moment is not having the impact I thought it would. Fuck her. Learn some English. Get a job. And leave men that treat you like shit. Simple. As. That.
So then I go back to talk to Jerome. At some point Lucy comes back out and starts fighting with him again and he threatens to call security on her. Which honestly, made me sort of jealous. You know it's love when someone's threatening to call security. I never loved a man so much he had to call the police on me. Although, I hear my text messaging to a certain ex made him want to change his phone. BUT HE DIDN'T. You hear what I'm saying? Men love this kind of dramatic attention. It makes them feel like Blake Carrington. "All these crazy women! So in love with me! When will the madness stop?!" As soon as you decide to file a restraining order.
Jerome brings us to a bar that he says is the most intense and dangerous in all of Asia. Whatever that means. It looks like the homo bar Berlin in Chicago. Well, old school Berlin. Black and silver. The way a bar should look. Not all this sumptuous orange and red couch shit. I want it punk rock. And here, we got it. I guess people are doing a lot of drugs...Hmmm....and everyone is Asian and the music is this techno thrash speed metal type stuff that's kinda creeping me out.
At the end of the night, Jerome and Lucy head off to do whatever and he says goodnight to me. "Tomorrow! Royal Palace"
Whatever. Tomorrow I leave your sex hotel
No comments:
Post a Comment